Witness the beauty and splendor of Egypt’s past and present in this 8-day tour across road and rail. You’ll begin your journey in Cairo, where you’ll encounter the magnificent Pyramids of Giza – the last remaining of the original seven wonders of the ancient world. From Cairo, you’ll venture onward via sleeper train, traversing a sea of sand overnight as you head south. You’ll spend several days exploring ancient ruins and temples in Luxor, Aswan, and Abu Simbel before you return to Cairo to visit important Islamic and Christian historical sites.
- Skip the airport line with our Fast Track service upon arrival at Cairo International Airport.
- Airport pickup/dropoff and assistance upon arrival and departure
- All transfers via private air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Cairo, including daily breakfast
- Accommodation for 1 night in Luxor, including daily breakfast
- Accommodation for 1 night in Aswan, for including daily breakfast
- Accommodation for 2 nights on sleeper train (half board basis)
- Private sightseeing tours in Cairo, Luxor & Aswan
- Sightseeing tour to Abu Simbel Sharing our group in air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to all sites specified on the itinerary
- All meals specified on itinerary
- Bottled water during outings outside of hotel or cruise ship
- Portage as needed
- All service charges and taxes
- 30 minutes of local calling (5 minutes international) and a mobile phone loaned for the length of your stay or an Egyptian SIM card for your unlocked mobile device
Note: Egyptian trains are designed and maintained according to standards of quality determined by the Egyptian Railway Authority. The sleeper train from Cairo to Aswan takes about 14 hours, and the journey from Luxor to Cairo takes about 11 hours. To reduce your travel time, you can upgrade your trip package for about $165 per person to travel by domestic flight instead (about 1.5 hours).
- International airfare.
- Entry visa to Egypt.
- Any optional tours.
- Personal spending.
- Helnan Aswan Hotel
- Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel and Spa
- Steigenberger Luxor Hotel
- $ 1110 Per Person in Triple Room
- $ 1150 Per Person in Double Room
- $ 1785 One Person Traveling Alone
- $ 1180 Per Person in Triple Room
- $ 1220 Per Person in Double Room
- $ 1925 One Person Traveling Alone
We make a donation to the Magdi Yacoub Heart Foundation for each booking reserved.
Price quotes are in US dollars per person per trip and are valid until April 30th, 2020. Please inquire for pricing over Christmas, New Year’s, and Easter holidays
- Up to 2 years: FREE
- Age from 2 and below 6 years: 25% of adult price
- Age from 6 up to 11 years: 50% of adult price
- Ages 12 and Up: adult price.
- Children policy is applied to children who share rooms with their parents ( Maximum 1 Child sharing parent’s room )
- If your tour includes airfare, additional charges for your children may apply.
Reservations should be made as early as possible to book the desired holiday. Space on a given tour will be secured upon receipt a deposit of 25% of the full price. This payment will be 50% during the Christmas and New Year holidays and on packages including airfare. This deposit counts as part of your final payment. Deposits can be made by bank wire transfer or sent via Western Union or paid using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard). Payment should be received within 7 days of booking
Tipping for a job well done is customary in Egypt, though not required. Please feel welcomed but not obliged to offer a tip to your guide.